Thursday 28 November 2013

Thanksgiving Look!

So sorry this is late! Taking photos was a huge pain in the butt. Anywho, heres the full look!

Product list after the jump!

Here's what I used:
Primers: Hourglass Mineral Veil and Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in #1 (Green, only on my cheeks)
Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer applied with a BeautyBlender
Bronzer/Contour: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer applied with a Real Techniques Contour Brush
Highlight: Benefits Watts Up! blended with my fingers
Blush: NARS Sin applied with a MAC 187
Brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde set with Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Lip Liner: NYX Hot Red
Lipstick: MAC Runway Red (This shade was limited edition, and I recommend using a lip brush!) Following lipstick application I took my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium on a MAC 211 and went around my lips to seal in the colour.


And now for the eyes!
I mainly used the Lorac Pro To Go Palette.
I primed using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Anti-Aging.
Using a Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush I blended the shade Cafe all over my lid and through my crease as a base. I went in with my finger to pat the shade Chai all over my lid, and used a MAC 217 to blend it slightly into my crease. Once everything was blended, I used the tip of a MAC 239 to lightly pat a bit of Mink into my outer V. Going back in with my 217, I blended it out and a bit more into my crease. I then went in with Shell to highlight my brow, but it wasn't as matte as I'd like so I went over it with Foxy from the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I also used Shell in my inner corner as a subtle highlight. Afterwards, I took Chai along my lower lashline, blending Mink in with it on the outer third of my eye. Lastly, I curled my lashes and used a solid coat of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes! mascara. It seems like a handful all typed out, but once you sit down to do it, it won't take long!

If you don't have this Lorac Palette, you could recreate this look with both Naked Palettes. Busted from the Naked 2 is similar to Mink, and to try and dupe Chai I mixed Half Baked and Toasted from Naked to come up with a similar colour. I do not have a close dupe for Cafe in my current collection, but depending on your skin tone you could use Naked or Buck from the original Naked palette as a replacement.

Lastly, I have some lip options that would go with this look for those who aren't feeling the red lip!
From left to right:

That's all for today! Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving, and feel free to leave feedback in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment