Thursday 13 February 2014

What The Haul?! + First Impressions!

Hey guys! I did some damage at Wally World today (82$ in damage.. oh my.) so I figured I'd share with you! It was also a lovely reminder that 82$ really doesn't take you far in the world of make up today! :( Oh well, products are after the jump!



The main reason I headed out today was to pick up the L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher! I've heard multiple claims that this is pretty much the same as Benefit's Porefessional- kinda what we all wanted Maybelline Baby Skin to be. I've never owned the Porefessional, I've lusted after it for ages but could never fork out the cash! This new product seems like a much better deal- you get twice the amount of product(roughly) for less than the cost of the Porefessional. I haven't worn it out just yet- but those who read my Yearly Skincare Favs do know I am a fan of this line from L'Oreal, so I have super high hopes for this!
I also love the packaging of this line- its so cute!

Next up I beelined to the Maybelline The Elixer liquid lipsticks from the Colour Sensational line. I already own one of these bad boys in Mauve Mystique, but seeing as Spring is on its way I wanted some more exciting colours. I snatched up Breathtaking Apricot, Hibiscus Haven and Vision in Violet. Firstly, Breathtaking Apricot is the only shade with gold glitter in it- that I own. It looks super nice, but I prefer the creamy, glossy finishes of the other shades better. This one also is the sheerest of these three colours, and since my lips are quite pigmented it looks more pink on than in the tube. My only issue with this is that when I press my lips together, it leaves noticeable lines. I'll post a more in-depth review of this line later on, as right now these are just my first impressions! Hibiscus Haven and Vision in Violet look true to colour and are very opaque on my lips, although Vision in Violet leans slightly more red on me. These also aren't totally lightweight, they aren't sticky but you definitely feel them on your lips- almost like a thick, heavy balm. I personally don't mind that, but if you're looking for a lightweight feel I would buy just one to test it out first!
Next I wanted to add to my one, lonely Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm, which is in the shade Standout, and hopefully try some Laquer Balms as well! However, these poor babies had been terribly picked through and there were hardly any shades left. I only grabbed two- Mischievous and Shameless. I've been wanting Shameless since these first came out- but my local drug stores only recently began carrying the entire line of colours. Both of these colours are matte shades, which I don't mind, as they still feel really nice on the lips! I don't find them drying, but they aren't exactly hydrating either. Upon trying on Mischievous I can say that it is not a forgiving shade! My lips are quite dry since I've been so sick lately, and this just did not flatter! However it was very pigmented and smooth. Shameless was more forgiving- also very pigmented but didn't apply evenly on one swipe- it needs some help! However I'm totally pumped to get more of these when I get the chance, I have the overwhelming need to just hoard all of the wonderful colours!
Finally, I saw that of of Maybellines mascara's were on rollback! I grabbed the last of the Mega Plush, although I wasn't paying attention and grabbed Brownish Black :(! I made the same mistake with The Rocket mascara, but I'll just keep and use them anyways, as Mega Plush is a tried and true favorite of mine and I'm just dying to give The Rocket a try! Both of these are also in a waterproof formula, since that's all that was left.
I also did some swatches of all the lip products I grabbed, take a look!
From top to bottom: Mischievous, Shameless, Hibiscus Haven, Vision in Violet, and Breaktaking Apricot

Also, look at what they left behind! We got some pretty good staining power here- these were on my arm less than 5 minutes!
That's it for now guys! I won't bore you with why I've been gone- I've moved, I've been sick, and I've just had a lot going on. I'm trying to get back on my groove though! Hope you all have a great Valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment