Saturday 15 February 2014

Eye of the Day!

Hey guys! I figured I'd do a quick post on the eye look I wore for Valentines Day yesterday. I hope everyone had a wonderful day, single or not! Anyways, learn how I got the look after the jump!


Okay, so I tried to go for a warmer, peachy-pinky type of look, but something quick and easy since I was on my way out the door! You only need two brushes for this look- a flat, shading brush to pack on colour and a tapered blending brush- like the MAC 217.
                         
I didn't even know I had a mascara smudge till I was out the door! :(
I started out by priming with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and then busted into my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Using my 217 brush I blended the shade Salted Caramel all through my crease (it is a very warm, medium brown shade, almost a bit orange) for a transition colour. Next, using a flat shader brush- I used the one from the Naked 3 Palette- I took Expensive Pink by MAC (a pinky peach shade with a golden sheen) and patted that all over the lid, up to the crease. I did find I had to build this colour a bit, as I found it a bit sheer. Makeup Geek has a fabulous dupe for this shade, called Cosmopolitan, and it appears to have better pigmentation, or you could use Trick from the Naked 3, which is more of a rose gold colour. I then wiped off my 217 and took Strange from the Naked 3 Palette and blended that onto my brow for a subtle highlight. To deepen the crease a bit, I took my 217 again and dipped back and forth between Semi-Sweet in the Chocolate Bar Palette and Nooner from the Naked 3, and blended it into the outer part of my crease (any warm, medium-deep brown shadow will work) and down onto my lower lash line. 

To top it off I took a bit of Dust from the Naked 3 and patted it over Expensive Pink with my finger, to make the look a bit more pink. I advise doing your eyes before your face, as Dust has a lot of fallout during application. I then took a black liquid liner, use whatever rocks your world, and did a winged out liner, I kept mine short but on the thicker side. For mascara I used a coat of my Maybelline Mega Plush, followed by a coat of my Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! To fill in my brows I used my MAC Brow Pencil in Fling, then set it with my Benefit Gimme Brow

Hope you guys enjoyed! Now go out and grab all that chocolate thats on for like 75% off, you deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment