Friday 25 April 2014

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Review

Hey guys! I got this in the mail last week and I didn't originally plan to review it, but since I'm on the fence about returning it I figured I'd write it all out. It's good- but not great. Worth the hassle to return? Not sure on that either! Review is after the jump.

Okay guys! I have quite a few gripes about this product.. First being that IT IS LITERALLY ONLY HALF FULL? What?  Look at this!
Whats on the cap back there is a very thin layer. I see no reason for the packaging to be this big if that's all they're going to give you, or they could just fill it up, yeah? If you, like myself, have a lot of redness to cover, you'll go through this quite quickly. I have rosacea all over my cheeks, as well as some general redness on my nose and chin. This product also only comes in one shade, which I didn't think would pose a problem as I planned to layer it under foundation, but boy was I wrong! I'm an NC15-NC20 skin tone, and this is significantly darker. I'd say closer to an NC35. If you have a skintone more in that area, you're in luck! However, no matter what foundation I put this under, you can still see the darkness underneath, giving me a very uneven skin tone. Also, honestly, its not THAT great at hiding redness, its just about the same as a full coverage foundation. This sets to a powder finish almost instantly, and blends very well, which is nice, but I don't really get to enjoy those aspects since I can't use it. I'll definitely give it another shot once I'm more tan, but for now... No. 
 The packaging itself is quite nice, but the lid does hold fingerprints. I find it applied best with my MAC 130 brush, as it layered it nice and thin. I did try my fingers, but I found it more manageable with a brush. The texture is very thick, but it thinned out quickly on the face and didn't feel very heavy. 

Hopefully this helps you guys out if you've been eyeing this product for a while like I was- if you have a lighter skin tone like myself and have got this to work for you, do share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment