Sunday 6 April 2014

MAC Tres Cheek Blushes- Swatches and Review!

Hey guys! I have 3/4 blushes that were released earlier this week. Two of them; Peony Petal and Lovecloud I own from the original release, and I picked up Full of Joy just the other day. I held off on Modern Mandarin because I don't feel like its a colour I'm confident pulling off in my pale state, and since these are permanent I'm in no hurry to pick it up. All the photos I have taken were taking in natural, but not direct sunlight, as the direct sunlight made my photos seem even more washed out, so these photos are as true to colour as I could achieve. All my photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy SII. Everything you need to know is after the jump!

Okay, so the first blush I'll touch on is sadly my least favorite! As previously mentioned I picked up Peony Petal when it first came out. It is a wonderful colour, its a blue-based, light to medium toned pink. The only reason I don't use it more is because the texture in the pan is quite stiff, so its a pain in the ass to apply and get good colour, although it is workable. I find this blush also has the shortest wear time for me, at around five to six hours it's almost gone. I did swatch the re-release, and from what I could tell and from what I've read, I think MAC reformulated these to have a much better texture and payoff. So don't let my review scare you- try it out in store first! For reference, my skin is NC15- NC20, so very fair.
As you can see I have definitely used this blush the least! This blush has a Satin finish.
The lighter swatch is applied with a blush brush and blended (I did layer this) and the more concentrated swatch was applied with my finger. There is no primer/ base of any sort under the product.
Next up is Lovecloud, which is a much warmer medium pink that leans a teeeeeny bit coral on me. I find the texture of this much better than Peony Petal, it's not very stiff and picks up easier from the pan. The colour is better as well, still a bit sheer but very flattering. I love this blush! It's a very easy to wear colour that I think can work on a wide range of skintones. For me this blush lasts well, after about 8 hours it's not very noticeable on the skin. Definitely pick this one up!
This one is much more loved! Depending on your undertone, this blush can lean more pink or more coral, and has a satin finish.
Again, the swatch on the left is blended with a brush, the right was applied with my finger. This blush is very buildable!
Lastly would be the newest addition to my collection- Full of Joy! I was so glad this came around again since I missed its initial release. This blush is a light liliac shade, although I found once applied on my face it leaned much more pink. Although this is a Frost I didn't find that it emphasized any pores on my cheeks, which was very lucky! This blush also has the best texture, very soft in the pan, great payoff and easy to blend. I wore this out yesterday, I applied it at 4pm and when I took it off at 1am I hadn't noticed much fading! 
Can't wait to wear this baby more- its surprisingly flattering for a Frost finish.
Once more, the left is applied and blended with a brush, the right applied with my finger!

I hope you guys found this helpful! I'm so glad these were brought back permanently, so no rush to run out and grab them. Let me know what you guys are picking up down in the comments, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment