Friday 25 April 2014

MAC For Your Amusement Casual Colour Review!


Hey guys! I wanted to put up reviews on the stuff I got from the Playland collection, so here's my first one. This is the only casual colour I tried from the collection, so my opinions on the formulation do not speak for all the shades! Review is after the jump.

First thing I want to touch on is that mine seemed kinda funky when I got it.. The product had some cracks, and air bubbles along the side. It may just be that it was shipped to my stores location when it was quite hot out, because the formulation doesn't feel dry to the touch, and doesn't have that shrinked look that most cream products get when they dry out. Also, my lid broke! Not a big deal, I know, but considering the lovely price tag of 25$, I'd expect a little better. MAC describes this shade as a bright, pastel pink, which I find quite accurate, and it is definitely a warmer pink. I'm not too sure how this would wear on deeper skin tones, as it does sheer out when you blend it into the skin.
It just plopped right out as soon as I opened it!


You can just slightly see the cracking here.
                                           
I found that this product wore pretty nicely on the cheeks, I applied it over powder without experiencing and sort of caking, is just blended right in and set itself. The colour wasn't as long lasting as I'd hoped, after about 5-6 hours it had faded quite a bit, but it is a super easy product to touch up on the go, without disturbing any product you have on underneath. I really liked applying this with my MAC 130 brush, but this applies just as well with your fingers. This did slightly emphasize my pores on my cheeks, though. 
A light layer I wore the other day. Look at how badly this settles into lip lines!
Next is how it wore on the lips... Never again shall this product touch my lips. Its a lovely colour, but as soon as you apply it, it settles into the lines in your lips and really highlights any imperfections. If you have perfect lips, by all means wear it, but mortals such as myself won't get much use out of it as a lip product! I found this to also be very drying during the short time it stayed on my lips. I did prep my lips well before wear, and I even tried using my MAC Prep & Prime Lip underneath, but this product just doesn't want to work for me. I still think its lovely as a cream blush, but I'm not sure I would've purchased it if I had known what it would do to my lips. 
This photo was taken JUST after I applied it.
Overall this is definitely not a BAD product if you intend to use it just on the cheeks, but use discretion if you plan to put this on your lips. Also, all of my photos are taken in natural light with a Samsung Galaxy S3. How did this product turn out for you? Let me know down in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment