Monday 9 June 2014

MAC Osbournes- Kelly Yum-Yum Lipstick Review

Hey guys! I'm hoping to get all my product reviews out by Thursday so you can all head out to your stores and pick up what you like. The first lipstick I played with was Kelly Yum-Yum! Firstly, I will say that for a Satin formula this wore a lot more like a Matte. I found this to look pretty unforgiving on the lips, especially as it wears. That does work against it, as it is lightly drying so your lips won't look as nice by the end of the wear. This lipstick held up about 3-4 hours, but after two hours I noticed it settling a bit and looking drier. It left a stain, mainly around the borders of my lips that lasted until I took off my makeup, about 7 hours later, although the stain was darker than the shade originally on my lips and in the tube. I did eat wearing this, which is when I noticed is appearance going downhill. 

Close up, you can see how it highlights the bit of dryness on my upper lip. It was a bit overcast when this was taken, its more vibrant in real life.
Speaking in terms of the colour itself, it is not a dupe for Candy Yum-Yum.
Taken in bright, natural light.
CYY is brighter and lighter, and a bit more blue based. This is like its more wearable sister. This also looks similar to Revlon Matte Balm in Showy, but again definitely not dupes. Overall if you love pinks, I would recommend scooping this bad boy up! As long as you keep your lips hydrated or top this with a gloss, you'll be okay. Its also the most wearable of all the lipsticks released in this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment