Wednesday 11 June 2014

MAC Osbournes- Riot House Lipstick Review

Hey guys! I'll have a lip swatch for this posted tomorrow, it was horribly overcast today and I didn't want to give you guys crappy pictures. I do have a photo of this in the tube, though, so I'll include that. To start with, I really don't think I like this lipstick. I haven't tried it with a liner just yet (I imagine it'd look great with Cranberry liner) but on its own it wears terribly. I also don't really know what skin tone would be able to wear this alone! It applies MUCH lighter than it looks in the tube, even layered. It also applied the worst out of the 3 shades I have, initially looking streaky and patchy. I had to work with this a lot more than I'd like to work to make a lipstick look good. On my NC15 skintone it really blends in, kinda like a more orange-looking concealer lips kinda deal. This wore for about three hours before it looked so bad I just had to take it off. This is VERY unforgiving. It settled into my lip lines right after I applied it, and stayed there. It's also the most drying of the three lipsticks, which doesn't work in its favor because as it dries your lips out it accentuates how dry its making them! What?! I am absolutely determined to make this lipstick work. Let me know how it works for you!

don't get too excited, it looks WAY lighter than this on.
I currently don't have any dupes for this in my collection.. Kinda glad, to be honest, as this lipstick was a real pain in the ass. If you really love the colour, hey, go for it! But if you want your lipstick to work for you rather than you working for your lipstick, I say pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment